1599 Clifton Road, NE
Atlanta, GA 30329
800-227-2345 or 404-320-3333
- Written materials on cancer and treatment options
- Support groups for cancer patients and their families
- Publications, counseling/support services and financial aid
International Myeloma Foundation
12650 Riverside Drive, Suite 206
North Hollywood, CA 91607-3421
- Dedicated to improving the quality of life of myeloma patients while working on prevention and cure
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue.
White Plains, NY 10605
- Publications, support services and financial aid
- Education, support and research for patients with multiple myeloma
National Cancer Institute
NCI Public Inquiries Office
6116 Executive Boulevard
Bethesda, MD 20892-8322
1-800-4-CANCER (Cancer Information Service)
- U.S. Government’s main agency for cancer research and information
- Offers numerous free publications
- Financial aid and fundraising assistance
100 Park Avenue, Suite 108
Rockville, MA 20850
- Patient advocacy, knowledge and support for bone marrow diseases
- Education and support services to families affected by Fanconi’s Anemia
- Free personalized websites that connect family and friends during a serious health event to share updates and receive messages of support
Cook For Your LIFE – www.cookforyourlife.org
- Cook for Your LIFE aims to improve the health of cancer patients and survivors by giving them practical knowledge, tools, and inspiration to cook their way through treatment and into a
My Med Schedule
P.O. Box 430
87 Main Street
Peapack, NJ 07977
- Create personalized free printable medication chart and set e-mail and text reminders for when it is time to take the medication
- Part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Primary Federal agency for conducting and supporting medical research
- Current information on drug assistance programs including requirements and application forms, discount drug cards, and disease based assistance programs
Strength for Caring
- Online resource and community for caregivers
- A national non-profit organization with a mission to empower those affected by young adult cancer by building community, improving quality of life and providing meaningful survivorship.
Social Security Disability Help
- The internet’s ultimate resource for information on Social Security Disability benefits.
ViaCord Sibling Connection Program
930 Winter Street #2500
Waltham, MA 02451
- This program provides ViaCord’s cord blood banking with five years of storage at no cost to expecting parents. The child in need of a transplant with an established diagnosis of a disease that is currently treatable with sibling cord blood may be eligible.
- America’s consumer magazine for people whose lives have been touched by cancer. Provides knowledge, hope and inspiration from cancer survivors and healthcare professionals. Now in its 21st year of service. Coping provides officials annual coverage of National Cancer Survivors Day.
- A quarterly magazine with an annual Resource Guide and special issue, that combines the science and humanity of cancer for those who have to deal with it on a daily basis. CURE provides scientific information in easy-to-understand language with equally understandable illustrations.
Heal: Living Well After Cancer
- Heal: Living Well After Cancer is for cancer survivors from the day treatment ends, and for the rest of their lives.
Healthline Cancer Learning Center
- Original health content, physician reviewed content, health tools and videos.
Journal of the National Cancer Institute
- The Journal of the National Cancer Institute (print ISSN: 0027-8874, online ISSN: 1460-2105) publishes peer-reviewed original research from around the world and is internationally acclaimed as the source for the most up-to-date news and information from the rapidly changing fields of cancer research and treatment.
Survivorship Guide for Bone Marrow/Stem Cell
Transplant: Coping with Late Effects (2010)
National Bone Marrow Transplant Link
- Information and awareness about the challenges individuals face in the years after a bone marrow or stem cell transplant and provide targeted information and resources to help survivors better cope with these challenges.
Today’s Caregiver Magazine
- Caregiver Media Group is a leading provider of information support and guidance for family and professional caregivers.
- Women&Cancer is a quarterly magazine for all women impacted by a cancer diagnosis, offering all women a trusted resource dedicated to topics related to the prevention and management of cancer while emphasizing wellness, fostering community, and inspiring hope.
2310 Skokie Valley Road, Suite 104
Highland Park, IL 60035
- Books, monthly newsletters, and an on-line support network
- Peer support, education and awareness
Center for International Bone Marrow
Transplant Registry (IBMTR)
Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin
Clinical Cancer Center
9200 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Suite C5500
Milwaukee, WI 53226
- Generates and shares statistical information on transplantation
- Links patients with survivors
- Offers publications
National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP)
3001 Broadway Street NE. Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55413-1762
800-MARROW-2 or 800-654-1247 (provides listing of local centers)
800-526-7809 Office of Patient Advocacy
- Donor registry, transplant center directory, and patient advocacy groups
- If you joined the National Marrow Donor Program Registry, either in person or online, you are a member of Be The Match Registry and do not need to join again.
- Please Note: There are many bone marrow/stem cell registries. Most of them share information with the National Marrow Donor Program. Please contact your local registry if you have any questions.
- Fundraising assistance and donor awareness information
4620 Haygood Road, Suite 1
Viriginia Beach, Virginia 23455
- Free air transportation for cancer patients
Corporate Angel Network
Westchester County Airport
One Loop Road
White Plains, NY 10604
Toll-Free Patient Line: 866-328-1313
- Free air transportation to cancer patients
Byerly Terminal, Suite 302
Greater Peoria Regional Airport
6100 W. Dirksen Parkway
Peoria, IL 61607
- Free air transportation to cancer patients
- Information and referrals for all forms of charitable, long-distance medical transportation